Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Our boat is delayed. 4 words.

So the China trip that was supposed to last until Nov/Dec has now been extended until sometime in the new year. The shipyard is pretty irresponsible and unprofessional, and because of these complications the delivery of the boat is delayed for quite some time.

I suppose it will just give me more time to practice my Mandarin! And with the weather changing for the cooler, it makes it a more pleasant experience being here.

Since the trip to Thailand we have cooled it with the travel plans. Although I'll admit that I tried to push for a short trip to Hainan (the Hawaii of the east supposedly) but being the anniversary of the PRC, our neighbor said that it wasn't a good idea to travel around this time of year.
Hey, I tried ;) It's so cheap to travel but he's right. I don't want to travel with half of the country. Nobody really knows how many people actually live here until you travel alongside them all. It's a lot. Trust me.

I knew I'd spend my 28th birthday here in China but I didn't anticipate Christmas. I have a lot of curiosity about my future. I am hoping to make a trip home sometime around Dec/Jan but it's super expensive and since I don't have a job.. well.. you get it.


We watched the parade in Beijing on tv celebrating 60 yrs of the PRC.


No comments: