Sunday, November 9, 2008

Worth the wait

This trip was amazing, only wished we had more time at the canyon. After about 5 hours traveling we finally arrived at the canyon, although I was fascinated by the desert since never actually seeing a desert before. But well worth the wait. I took all sorts of photos from inside the bus window at the scenery outside. I made due with most of the shots and some were far too blurry to make anything out.
The trailer below was one of many lonely trailers parked in the middle of nowhere..reminds me of movies where you find a car parked outside a trailer way out in no mans land (which this definitely was!) and then killing happens and people get buried where nobody can find them. off topic anyways....



The grand canyon itself was unbelievably larger than I had expected it to be. It was too much for my eyes to take in, let alone the camera. It spanned more than 30 miles or something like that.

Seeing the tarantula was a bonus. I've spoke with several people about the tour, none having seen one. But the childhood memories I have of being afraid of tarantulas are all untrue. They can't kill humans, they are just big and hairy and ugly.
We also watched for rattlesnakes but didn't see one.



This being one of my favorite shots of the day. I am learning how to properly angle the camera when taking photos to ensure that the lines are all even and not on a crooked angle across the horizon. This one turned out well. I can't believe how easy it is to screw up a whole set with crooked horizons without even realizing it when taking the photo. I told Nicola the same advice ;)

No comments: